How do I apply for financial aid?

U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) may apply for federal financial aid. Go to and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. DePaul’s university code is 001671. You’ll need to complete a FAFSA for each academic year that you want to receive financial aid.

Federal Direct Stafford Loans allow students to borrow money from the federal government to pay for university expenses. These loans are processed directly through the Office of Financial Aid. This office will provide you with the necessary paperwork; to borrow you do not need to contact a lender.

Direct loans:

Unsubsidized Stafford: Eligibility for unsubsidized direct loans is not based on financial need. You may borrow the cost of education minus all other financial aid you receive, up to the annual direct loan maximum. However, you must either pay the interest while you are enrolled, or it will be accrued and capitalized to the principal. Repayment of the principal is deferred until you graduate or cease to be enrolled at least half time.

Once your FAFSA information has been received and processed, you will be able to accept your student loans online through your Campus Connection account.

For more information, visit DePaul’s financial aid website at​