Applicants may submit either GMAT or GRE scores. GMAT information including test dates, a list of test centers, and applications for the exam may be obtained at mba.com
or by contacting Pearson VUE at (951) 681-3000. The score report must come directly to DePaul University from Pearson VUE. Tests taken more than five years prior to the date of application are not considered valid.
GRE information can be obtained at ETS.org
. Like the GMAT, GRE scores are only valid for five years. DePaul's GRE code is 1165.
Exceptions to the GMAT or GRE requirement can be made for applicants to the following programs, with the following qualifications:
- Driehaus College of Business Undergraduate Program Alumni applicants to the MBA with a DePaul cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher and two years of professional work experience.
- Master of Accountancy (MACC) applicants
- MS in Hospitality Leadership and Operational Performance applicants.
- MS in Taxation applicants who have evidence of CPA licensure or passage of all four parts of the CPA examination.
- MS in Wealth Management applicants who have earned one or more of the following: CFP, CFA, CPA, MBA or related advanced degree.
- Weekend MBA and Evening Cohort MBA applicants who demonstrate extensive work experience with evidence of quantitative analysis skills as determined by the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business.
- Applicants who have an earned doctoral degree or terminal degree such as an MD, PhD or JD with clear evidence of quantitative analysis skills demonstrated by coursework in advanced mathematics.
Language Proficiency for International Students
Non-native English speakers who have not completed a bachelor's or master's degree in the United States are required to submit examination results from a recognized English proficiency test. Please refer to the International Students page for more information.
All applicants must complete at least one essay question, preferably 300 to 500 words in length, explaining their personal/professional interest in the program to which they are applying. Applicants may submit a second optional essay to provide details to the admission committee that the applicant would like for the admission committee to consider in the admission decision.
Letters of Recommendation (MBA Applicants Only)
MBA Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters are optional for applicants to all other Kellstadt programs. MS applicants who wish to strengthen their applications may submit letters of recommendation. It is recommended, but not required, that recommendation letters come from current or previous employers. Letters may be submitted online through the online application or electronically to email@example.com
. Be sure the name of the recommender and applicant name are noted on each letter.
Resume/Curriculum Vitae (MBA Applicants Only)
MBA applicants must submit a professional resume. It should summarize your work experience and educational background.
Interviews are required for applicants to the Full-time and Evening Cohort MBA programs. Applicants to other programs may be asked by the admission committee to schedule an interview to assist the admission decision process.